Today’s rockin’ dance class reminds me yet again that what I learn dancing easily applies to living. Some tips I need to remind myself of while dancing (and while living, for that matter):
1. Breathe. Always.
2. Challenge yourself.
3. Get inspired by other people’s ideas and beauty. Copy what you love.
4. Ask questions. If you have a question, someone else probably has it, too. Regardless, questions offer everyone the opportunity to dig deeper.
5. Be present and aware. See, yes really SEE, who’s and what’s around you.
6. Encourage other dancers!
7. The 3 Ls: Loosen up. Lighten up. Laugh.
8. Be gentle with yourself. There will be off moments…and days.
9. Go BIG. If you don’t take risks, you’ll never know what your limits are. You fall? trip? slip? forget? turn left when everyone else is going (correctly) right? Get in there and try again. And again. And, yes, again.
10. You will perform what you practice, so stop practicing those bad habits (thanks, Paul).
11. Open up! Appreciate the thrilling sense of possibility.
12. Express who YOU are.
13. KEEP MOVING….and enjoy the ride 🙂